PRODUCTION STAGE MANAGER:
La Habra, CA- Seeking a Production Stage Manager (Non-Union) for the first show in our the 2022 season, Charlotte’s Web, based on the popular novel by EB White.
The position pays $12/hr during rehearsals and $15/hour on show days.
How to Apply: send a cover letter, resume (with references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Interviews will be ongoing. The position will close when the right candidate is found.
Rehearsals & Performances take place at The Phantom Projects Theatre at La Habra Depot, 311 South Euclid St, La Habra, CA 90631
There will only be 6-8 rehearsals, however, due to the nature of the script, every actor must be at every rehearsal.
The schedule will be based completely on actor conflicts that we know about at the audition. Please ensure you have a solid knowledge of your schedule so that we may create a schedule that works for all. We are open to daytime, evening, very early or very late rehearsals.
February 10-27, 2022
February 10 at 9:30am and 11:30am (Field Trip performances for schools)
Fridays at 7pm
Saturdays and Sundays: 12pm, 2pm, 5pm, and 7pm.
The show is 55 mins long.
ABOUT THE JOB
Must be over 18 and full vaccinated.
All employees will have a background check conducted.
The Production Stage Manager (PSM) must have the ability to create and maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a professional manner; ability to execute tasks and collaborate efficiently; ability to maintain a professional attitude in a fast-paced environment and ability to work independently and closely with the show’s director, crew, and performers.
– PSM works directly with the Director and is responsible for the safety and welfare of all Production Personnel involved with the production process.
– PSM needs to be familiar with, adhere to, and enforce all of Phantom Projects’ policies and procedures.
– PSM is the first to arrive and the last to leave all rehearsals and is responsible for unlocking and locking of the rehearsal space. The rehearsal space is to be kept in a clean and orderly condition.
– PSM arranges, in coordination with the Production Manager and Director, all production meetings.
– PSM assists the director during the rehearsal process, attending all rehearsals and performances and, in coordination with the running crew, is responsible for maintaining the artistic integrity of the show during the entire run of the production.
– PSM keeps all designers informed of any changes that might affect the production during the rehearsal process, via nightly rehearsal reports.
– PSM provides all production staff with a contact sheet of everyone involved with the production and production schedules.
– PSM maintains a “prompt book” and writes down all blocking and choreography during the rehearsal process. All blocking notes are the responsibility of the Stage Manager.
– PSM, in coordination with the Production Manager, shall ensure that there is a rehearsal assistant on book at all rehearsals. It is the responsibility of the Stage Manager, in cooperation with the Director, to give line and dialect notes to the performers.
– PSM performs other relevant duties as required by the Director and the needs of the show.
La Habra, CA-Seeking an Assistant Set Designer/Construction Coordinator for the first show in our the 2022 season, Charlotte’s Web, based on the popular novel by EB White.
The position pays $18/hour. Must be over 18 and fully vaccinated.
How to Apply: send a cover letter, resume (with references) to: email@example.com.
No calls please. Interviews will be ongoing. The position will close when the right candidate is found.
All work takes place at The Phantom Projects Theatre at La Habra Depot, 311 South Euclid St, La Habra, CA 90631
Construction can begin as of January 18. However, nothing can be on the stage until January 30 and must be up and useable by February 4.
ABOUT THE JOB
This person will work closely with the Set Designer and Director on a vision for the set for this exciting production.
- Creatively find ways to design an effective set, with a limited budget.
- Effectively communicate ideas and thoughts based on the content and timing of the scrpt.
- Arrange for pick-up or delivery of materials needed.
- Ability to communicate with set construction team to ensure a smooth build.
- Work with the theatre crew on an efficient and timely load-in and load-out.
As we prepare to open the doors for our 2022 season, we are accepting resumes with cover letters for the following positions for all shows in our season:
Please send your resume and cover letter via e-mail by clicking here.
Please indicate if there’s a specific show you’re looking to be involved in, or if you’re open.
Throughout the year, we collect resumes and when jobs open, we reach out to those who have submitted when a specific job opens.
Once we officially open positions for specific shows, we will send out info to those who submitted, to set up interviews.
However, we may fill the positions from those who submit early.
All positions are non-union. There is pay.
Assistant Stage Managers
Lighting and Sound Designers